Ever thought about racing your Cobra but didn’t want to risk damage?
Did you as a kid race slot cars and ever wonder how to bring back that fun as a youth?
Well…we have both covered for you as GLCC GOES SLOT CAR RACING!!
Interestingly enough Slot Car Racing still exists today. There are firms (Slot Mods right here in Michigan) that will build a custom replica of any track you’d like…just need a check. And there are tracks/car packages that can be purchased. And world wide slot car racing is very popular. And there are national competitions still.
But the existence of tracks where time can be rented dwindles. There was one in Holly. But they closed.
The good news is we found one of the few remaining Slot Car Tracks in Michigan! Cloverleaf Racing in Highland.
Mike and I did a field trip to meet the owner and check out the tracks. Two hours later we were convinced hosting a GLCC Slot Car Day would be fun!
The fine points…
- Saturday March 16th at 10:00am. 1246 South Milford Road Highland, MI 48357
- There is a maximum of 24 racers.
- Due to space limitations all members attending will be racing.
- Based on the number of people we expect the racing to run 3 hours.
- There will be warm-up laps and the owner will organize a competition that will be a series of 2-3 minute races. Everyone will have the opportunity for many races.
- Controllers and cars are provided.
- Lunch will follow at Billy’s Tip Inn ( 6707 Highland Rd, White Lake, MI 48383).
Space is limited to 24 people so please RSVP early!