May 19, 2021
or (872) 240-3412 Access Code: 255-830-101
- Membership Update – 102 Members
- Cash Balance – $3,839.21
- Catering Deposits from 2020 – $1,370
Feedback from Members of Food Cost
- 22 responses to the survey questions on food concerns (nearly as many as our annual survey)
- Responders expressed appreciation for the time and effort to arrange food and each agreed it is a key part of the events and social engagement.
- Responders commented that a premium for ease, safety, etc. is acceptable. Several responders mentioned that even if the cost is higher it is just a few times a year and worth it to enhance the event.
- One responder suggested that if it is too complex to find restaurants to accommodate us then revert to simple solution like stopping at a coffee shop. The point being to keep the driving event alive and figure out “plan b” for food.
Chris Theodore/M1 Event on May 29th – Click for Details
- Starts at 10:00 am.
- Nearly 50 people attending.
- M1 will provide an overview of their Woodward Weekend and American Speed Festival events including volunteer opportunities.
- Chris will speak about his experiences with Carroll.
- Daisy will be on display.
- Lunch is at noon ($10 per person).
- Book purchase and signing will be following lunch.
Ed and Jenny Shoobridge Cruise on June 5th – Click for Details
- Begins in Memphis at 8:30 with coffee and donuts.
- Trailers are welcome!
- Next stop is Yale to visit Moody Race Shop.
- Then on to lunch at the Freighters in Port Huron.
- And for those interested a stop in Marine City for Ice Cream.
Cobras and Coffee will be held at High Octane Bakery on June 12th at 8:30am
Cruise to Car and Driver Top 10 Route on June 19th – Click for Details
- Start at the NOVI Coffee Shop at 9:30 (gas station at the same location)
- Cruise to C&D Route
- Lunch (off the menu) at Zukey Lake Tavern at noon
Cobras and Coffee on July 10th (Starbucks on Maple)
Grosse Pointe Tour
- Tour will begin in Grosse Pointe at the Red Crown Restaurant for Breakfast at 10:00 am. We have arranged for exclusive use of the restaurant for your safety. $20 per person.
- 60-minute cruise through the Grosse Pointes planned. The route will be published along with address of key historical sites in the coming weeks.
- We will end the day at the Edsel Ford Estate with a cruise through the grounds to the castle where each car will be photographed!
- We would like to thank Ed Shoobridge (Memphis Cruise), John Scholtes (Grosse Pointe Cruise) and John Stinson (Chelsea Cruise) for their efforts in leading new events for GLCC!
Next Meeting – July 15th at 7:00pm