Join us for the Lake Huron Cruise to Harbor Beach on Saturday June 4th!
Our driving GLCC event strategy includes picking interesting towns to visit and to plan scenic routes to get there. And to pick destinations that are geographically distributed to appeal to all locations of our member base.
This cruise event will feature the shores of Lake Huron with stops in Lexington, Port Sanilac, and final destination of Harbor Beach for lunch.
This is a longer drive so if you do not want to drive in your Cobra still join us and drive civilian to see the sites! And if you have a trailer and want to transport your Cobra to our hosts house that is encouraged!
Ed and Jenny Shoobridge have led the plan for this event and it will begin at their estate (67 Riley Road Memphis Michigan 48041) at 8:30am for coffee, donuts and good conversation.
The fine details include:
- We will depart at 9:30 am. The route can be found by clicking here.
- Our first stop will be 5 miles into cruise at I-69 to top off fuel for who needs it. There is plenty of room for all of us. There will be other fuel-stop opportunities.
- Lexington will be the first town we will experience. There is a large parking lot at the Marina and we will plan a rest stop.
- From Lexington, we will had North to Port Sanilac, Forester, Richmondville and Forestville
- There will be scenic turn outs and bathrooms between towns and we will cruise some of the towns harbors and a lighthouse.
- Lunch will be at Williams Inn in Harbor Beach.
- There is plenty of parking and based on our ETA at 1:00pm we will arrive after the breakfast/lunch crowd.
- The owner will be putting on a buffet lunch just for us!
- The cost will be $18-20 per person.
- Before we depart for the return trip, we will plan a fuel stop in Harbor Beach.
- The route back is south via Ruth Road.
- Ruth Road is a straight road (hint, hint) and we will see one of the largest grain storage in the Thumb and we will be driving thru a windmill farm along the way back.
- The end point on the map is at M-19 and I-69. There are several options from there to make your way home depending on your location.
If you would like to join this speculator cruise please RSVP:
We hope to see you!!