February 15, 2022 Members Meeting Agenda
- Membership Update
- 118 Member Families
- 76 Members have renewed (includes Board and Honorary Members)
- Cash Balance – $3,943.50
Income Tax Implications
- We have been disputing with the IRS the inclusion of donations as Club revenue.
- In the end, we paid the past due amount of $850 as the IRS threatened collection action.
- To remedy this going forward we are taking action to make GLCC and 501(c)(7) organization.
- This classification is designed for clubs and will make our collections tax exempt.
Event Plan Review
- In our meetings we will review the events coming up in the next 3 months.
- All events will be posted to the Event Calendar by the end of February and Blog posts will be published with event details and RSVPs.
- Night Out at the Theater – SOLD OUT.
- Stahls Museum Tour and Lunch at Bar Louie Partridge Creek – March 5.
- Motor City Solutions Tour and Lunch – March 19.
- Greg Ornazian Collection Tour and lunch – April 2.
- Mark Lieberman Ford GT Delivery Experience at Nostalgic Motoring – TBD but will happened in April.
- The Carroll Collection Tour (breakfast at Nick’s House of Pancakes) – April 23.
- Cobras and Coffee M1 Concourse followed by Breakfast.
- Larry Smith Motor Room Tour and lunch.
- Car and Driver Route and Lunch at Zukey Lake.
Major Events in Development
- Eyes on Design.
- Peter Brock is being recognized for his contributions in automotive design.
- We are in conversations with Peter and EOD to be involved at the EOD event on Father’s Day.
- American Speed Festival.
- ASF theme this year is to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of Shelby American.
- We are in discussions with M1/ASF to include a display from GLCC.
- Ford Michigan Proving Grounds.
- In 2019 we hosted an event at MPG where members were led on the long- and mid-range tracks. This was a blast
- We are in discussions with Ford to enable this event in the fall.
- If this event is not able to happen in 2022, we will revisit in 2023.
Next Meeting (Virtual) – March 15th