The 10th annual Put-in-Bay vintage sports car races event has moved to a new date. The 2018 event will be held September 24-27.
Here are some interesting details about the fun event:
- Latest press release on the 2018 Put-in-Bay event – Click Here
- Tentative 2018 General Schedule of Events – Click Here
- 2018 Event Flyer (suitable for posting and passing out to potential entrants) – Click Here
- The automotive world is catching on to what a unique event the annual Put-in-Bay Road Races event has become. Read what Autoweek had to say – Click Here
GLCC and the Viper Club will be co-hosting this excursion. Many for details to come but if you are considering attending this fun event it is wise to make hotel/B&B reservations now as accomodations fill up quickly (plus winter rates are available now).
- We will caravan down on Monday September 24th and caravan back Wednesday afternoon September 26th. Around 5pm on Monday all classic cars are invited to a car show and to drive the original road course. This is quite a thrill! Also on Tuesday evening the registered race participants drive the original course with the only rule being no passing. This was VERY cool to witness.
- We will have our own schedule of activities including site seeing, organized dinners, etc. You can spend 1 or all days. Also you can drive civilian if you’d prefer.
- The Hotel is Bayshore Resort. The owner provided private parking for us and access to water/hose to wash cars. To view the hotel and make reservations click here.
- And Bob White has scouted each of the B&Bs. Last year a few people staying at B&Bs. Here’s the summary:
Much more to come but want to get this on your radar and to provide information about lodging.